Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Telepathy or Schmelepathy?

What do you think about King's idea that he is communicating telepathically to us through his writing? (Sorry, I would have a quote here but I don't have my book with me. Perhaps I'll add one when I get home.)

I am of the opinion that it is more a matter of teleportation (beam me up, Scotty!) because while reading we are often transported to another place (and sometimes even another time). Perhaps telepathy is more applicable with textbooks or other writing designed for learning purposes. Either way, I like his point.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

That section of the book has been my favorite so far. Writing and reading are certainly powerful tools! People underestimate them.

Lisa said...

Do you guys have a page reference for that? I remember it but want to reread it before I comment . . .

Jennie said...

It starts on page 95 in my copy. It's the section called "What Writing Is".